So, back in February I was honored to receive the Liebster Blog Award. It’s the first blogger award for me and I’ve been over the moon about it since. My Canadian-designer-friend in Germany, Holly, presented it to me. She’s the soul of HvH Interiors, a wonderful blogger, and an inspiration. I’m FINALLY getting around to passing it on (took me long enough).
Translated to English from German, “liebster” means “favorite” or “beloved”. The point of the award is to support and appreciate smaller blogs. Once you receive such an award, you must thank the blogger who gave you the award and provide a link to their site on your blog. Then, choose 5 of your liebster blogs (must have less than 200 followers) and contact them to tell them so. They, in turn, will follow the same procedure. And the love gets passed on.
Here goes passing it on:
1. Monna McDiarmid: international school counselor/lover of interiors/poet; Monna has started something called The Interiors Project where she features homes of expats all over the world-so cool!
2. La Maison Boheme: this is a pure and beautiful blog on interiors, motherhood, and pretty things
3. A Certain Simplicity: lovely posts from a writer and owner of Italian farmhouse turned into a B & B; oh, and she specializes in gorgeous ceramics
4. Sun and Glory: a wonderfully fresh, eclectic blog with stunning photography
5. The Velvet Fantastic: my newest discovery; a young interior designer whose many loves I share as well.
Now, these blogs may have well over 200 followers; sometimes it’s hard to tell. In any case, I wanted to highlight them and pass the baton. I encourage you to check them out. They’re amazing.